We like communications with results. Here’s a few of our accomplishments.
- Developed and launched a public relations program to improve the organization’s image and increase press coverage of association events, products, and services.
- Increased press clips from 0 to 100 – 200 per year.
- Oversaw publicity efforts for endowment campaign that raised $6.4 million in 18 months.
- Secured editorial in leading industry publications.
- Developed media and speaking training program for board chair, president, and other key leaders.
- Created and launched a weekly e-newsletter read by 3,000 people.
- Expanded and redesigned a four-page magazine section in the leading electrical industry publication include special features, news, a new member profile, and product updates.
- Doubled conference general session attendance through improved speeches, videos, and presentations. Attendance increased from approximately 500 to 1000+ people. Nearly 80% of attendees surveyed rated the sessions “Very Good” or “Excellent.”
- Developed programs with top executives in the electrical distribution industry.
- Oversaw Website redesign for a national association.
- Produced and wrote scripts for videos to improve communication with conference attendees and association members. Feedback was overwhelmingly positive; organization now creates between seven and 11 videos each year.
- Oversaw conference brochures & online registration.
- Launched an industry internship program with endorsements from electrical industry leaders.
- Assisted with planning, promotion, and management of an 800-person fundraising banquet.
- Created and implemented a records management system for a radio program.
Training & Teaching
- Coached CEOs for public speaking and video performances.
- Spoke to college communications and PR classes about the profession.
- Taught a publication practicum required for communication majors.
- Reviewed resumes for public relations majors.
- MPC/NFPW Communications Contest: First place in Web Writing, For-Profit Business; First place in Magazine Section Editing; First place in Special Articles: Business; Second place in Special Articles: Science (Energy & Green Issues); Third place in Magazine Feature Story.
- Total of 13 national awards in writing and design, including winning first, second, and two honorable mentions in Personality Profile writing.
- George A. Mahan Prize for Creative Writing, first place in Short Story.
- Guy Cooper Award for Poetry, second place.
- “Twain’s Battle with Copyright Law,” research paper published in The Twainian.
- George A. Mahan Prize for Creative Writing, second place in Formal Essay.
- COG International winner in Articles/Essays, second place.